As part of the long term plan there are 6 principles of personalised care that need to met within the Joined Up Care Derbyshire footprint and for each principle the CCG has trajectories to reach by 2023/24. NHS England and NHS Improvement have now released several documents to support a CCG’s role in implementing these principles as a system wide approach.
The 6 principles are:
1) Personalised Support and Care Planning (PSCP)
2) Shared Decision Making
3) Enabling choice, including legal rights to choice
4) Social prescribing and community based support
5) Supported self-management
6) Personal Health Budgets and integrated personal budgets.
To support NHS Derby and Derbyshire CCG to implement these principles links to essential resources from NHS England and Improvement are listed below:
Youtube video explaining Personalised Care
NHS England website with link to all their publications on Personalised Care
Handbook for Finance contracting and commissioning
Personalised care blog news page