National Fitness Day spotlights the role physical activity plays in helping us lead healthier and active lifestyles. National Fitness Day encourages people across the country to make 22nd September the most active day of the year. We have compiled a range of campaigns and resources that help you to get more active; whether you want to change up your existing routine and try something new or if you are new to being active altogether and need structure.
- Better Health – Public Health England
Healthy changes start with little changes. Whether you want to lose weight, get active or quit smoking, Better Health is here with lots of free tools and support. You can also find simple ways to lift your mood with Every Mind Matters.
- Diabetes UK - Diabetes UK have put together useful guidance on how to manage your condition and incorporate more physical activity in your daily life through their Get Moving courses.
- Active Derbyshire – Find out what local activities are taking place near you.
- Live Life Better Derbyshire – Whether you want to feel fitter, lose weight, quit smoking, the Live Life Better Derbyshire team can help.
- We Are Undefeatable - When you’re managing a long-term health condition, being active is about finding what works for you. You can access resources and support to get more active if you have a long-term condition here.
- 10-minute Shake-up - Better Health have teamed up with Disney to bring you play-along games inspired by your favourite Marvel,Pixar and Disney characters. These 10-minute bursts of fun will really get your kids moving and count towards the 60 active minutes they need every day!