Are you a member of a Patient Participation Group (PPG)? Most GP practices now have a PPG although not all are meeting currently due to the pandemic. The role of the PPG can include:
- Being a critical friend to the practice
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- Encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice
- Organising health promotion events and improving health literacy
- Regular communication with the patient population.
Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (DDCCG) and Joined Up Care Derbyshire fully recognise the important contribution of PPGs and are keen to discuss how we can best work together in the current environment. To that end we have set up an informal virtual network for PPG chairs and their members to meet with DDCCG and Joined Up Care Derbyshire involvement staff to discuss how we can best support PPGs at this time.
The sessions take place every two months, one session is always in the early evening, and the other is in the daytime. The next two sessions are:
- Tuesday 30 March, 17.30pm-18.30pm
- Tuesday 13 April, 11:30am-12:30pm
To join the network meeting please email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with the session you wish to attend and we will ensure you receive the joining instructions and agenda prior to the meeting.
Please let Karen have any suggestions for the agenda, and we will try to accommodate these. Please pass these details on to other PPG members you have links with.
Prior to each meeting there will be a 30-minute technical questions session for anyone who has not used Microsoft Teams before, so you can sign in and find out how to use the platform, or if you have any technical issues we can try to resolve them prior to the start of the meeting. The joining instructions will tell you how to join the meeting in the first instance.